Friday, March 9, 2018

Wow, It's 10:00 AM!

Back in the foundry again!
So last night after posting my blog post I decided to check to see how feasible it was to replace the fonts for ROE. I was just going to see how the letters looked and if a public domain font I had was close enough.

I just spent the last 14 hours making the new font and now it's ready to be implemented in the game.

I honestly didn't know what time it was until I looked over my shoulder and saw sunlight spill into my apartment. It just few by so fast. I took a quick screenshot of the finished font and played with it a little. The last font I made too three days, so I guess I'm getting faster at it.

I'm trying to exactly match the spacing of the font used in the game. The whole reason why switching from a bitmap to a TrueType font is because the game's text editor is horrifically slow, and this should speed it up. Also I get the added benefit of scaling if I decide to go that route. When I get back to Visual C, I'll try a replacement Gprint() and see what happens. If anything it will look nicer than that I currently got.

Also also - need to get enemies to the artist... That needs to be done too! In fact, I'll Trello that before I go to bed.

(Note: This was supposed to be posted at 10:00 this morning, but I saved it as a draft on accident)

No comments:

Post a Comment