Friday, February 9, 2018

Transparencies work... Sorta

I had to battle with alpha channels today. The program put up a fight, but I was able to get the transparent parts to cooperate. It's not done, as the game will try and overwrite aa transparent object with another one and blend them together. I still have to do pigmentation, but now that the alpha channel is working that should be the last big hurdle for the builders.

I was fighting with the alpha channel all day because my method of clearing buffers with a transparent  background dropped my framerate to the point where it was taking three minutes
to render a screen with an alpha channel in it. It was resolved, but It's still cosmetically.... iffy so I have more work ahead of me while I fix up the pigmentation portion.

Today was a slog. Bugs suck.  

No comments:

Post a Comment