Thursday, February 15, 2018

Touchy Touchy Touchy

Man, when you have you mojo broken, it's tough to get to back into the swing of things. I had to take a few days to help out family and I super did not want to open Visual Studio when I got back for some reason. I think it's because the alien pigmentation thing is going to require more than three steps to implement. I have to redraw the alien body parts and set up the alpha shader and then the color overlay. It's a thing that needs do be done because then I can send a copy of the alien builder to my artist so he can make cool alien parts as I move on to the timer thread.

It's not like I don't know what I have to do next. but my motivation is critically low and I have been having a penchant to watch Subnautica let's plays.

But there is a little progress. One of the reasons why I'm porting this game to something a little more cross-platform is because I want to take advantage of touch interfaces. It's kind of what the game was designed for, just about 15 years too early.

Well... Touch works :)



The original game only understood relative mouse movements. Here every button is a discrete position on the screen. I have a snaking feeling resolution is going to bite me in the read later, but as a proof of concept I love the fact I'm on the right track.



No comments:

Post a Comment