Thursday, February 22, 2018

Newp!


Thread fixing is going well... NOT!
It taunts me. I figured out how to implement my Mutex only to find out that's not what the problem is. In the Nermal lib, there are 42 times that the target bitmap can be changed. It's not that one blit function that is taking over the other. The problem is that while in the blit function, al_change_target_bitmap() is being ran elsewhere. That's in issue I need to battle. Documentation tells me that there are thread considerations for setting the target. Goodie! I will get to the bottom of this. I'm on a mission now. Sadly, this also means I'm kinda spamming my problems to other programmers for help. So if any of you are reading this.. sorry. On the flip side, I'm going to emerge from the other side a thread expert I think. I mean, there are only so many ways I can nuke an executable and not wind up with a crater, right?

The good news is the bug is replicateable and all I have to do is jam a fork into the keyboard to duplicate it. I still have a few ideas to try tonight so I'm not finished quite yet. I also have resources left untouched. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment