My resolution boost isn't going to mean anything without HD assets to go with it. Now the conservative side of me should of just bumped the graphics I had to 400% and use them as place holders, but I was still in an Inkscape mood so I decided to re-render the 3D puzzle pieces for the original game.
After this I made up some basic materials and colored up the model. Eyeballing the original animation I set up a camera and a light to match the shadows as best I could. Then I rendered each frame of animation at 1920x1080. It was a little overkill, but it's best go to big and then drop the resolution later. You can't add data that's missing.
|Click to Embiggen|
All in all, I was able to knock out the 3D stuff in about a day and a half. New years is coming up so I may go radio silent again, but I'll be ready and charged up for the new year.
Also, I decided with the graphic enhancements to bump the version of the game to 2.0 (It's currently at 1.09). All in all I think this is looking really good.